So your once beautiful tree sheds its leaves and you are wondering how you can get the yard cleaned in no time. And you have heard of leaf blowers but still cannot figure out which would be best for your 1-acre yard. That’s not a thing to worry about anymore because you are here. Keep reading and you will find the best leaf blowers for 1 acre yard.
The number of saves recorded by leaf blowers has become uncountable. Irrespective of the name, they have also served as snow blowers. After several types of research and tests, here is a list of some of the best leaf blowers for an acre of yard.
Most of these leaf blowers come with a strong 2-stroke engine. You don’t need to know the details about a 2-stroke engine apart from the fact that they are very powerful and deliver strong blowing power.
A list of the Best Leaf Blowers for 1 Acre Yard is as under.
Air Flow Capacity: 470 Cubic Feet Per Minute
|Echo PB-9010T 79.9 cc Blower||
Power Source: Gas Powered
|DIANAMIX Cordless Leaf Blower||
Power Source: Gas Powered, Corded Electric, Battery Powered
|MZK Cordless Leaf Blower||
Style: 1613 Blower With Battery&Charger
|Echo PB-580T Leaf Blower||
Power Source: Gas Powered
5 Best Leaf Blowers for 1 Acre Yard in 2022
1. Husqvarna 125B Handheld Gas Blower
The Husqvarna Handheld Blower is a gas-powered leaf blower with one of the best clearing speeds available. With a maximum air volume of 425 Cfm and a maximum speed of 170 Mph, this leaf blower is sure to make any top list, including mine.
Little wonder it even makes it to number one. Its power allows for a shorter working period and less risk of arm fatigue. However, if it is utilized on a really large area of land, arm fatigue is a distinct possibility.
This appealing orange-colored leaf blower, like most Husqvarna products, attracts the attention of neighbors and even passers-by to your yard. Their goods have gained the trust and admiration of most yard owners, thanks to years of hard work and dedication.
The features on this leaf blower are built at easily accessible positions, so you don’t have to struggle so hard looking for pressing the buttons.
One of my favorites is the nozzle. It is narrow yet adjustable to fit the distance between you and the leaf to be blown. Its narrowness directs air pointedly at the problem with enough air and good speed.
Like many other devices, there are some drawbacks to the Husqvarna 125B. However, these drawbacks are negligible and they do not stop the unit from delivering as promised.
- Weight and Warranty: The Husqvarna 125B leaf blower comes backed by a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty. It weighs up to 9.4 pounds, not so heavy but quite heavy.
- Cruise control and Auto Return system: The machine blows leaves nonstop once it has been switched on without you having to keep pressing the button. All you have to do is to hit the button and hold the blower while pointing the nozzle in the desired direction. The cruise control button, on the other hand, allows you to set the leaf blower to run at a constant speed.
- Air volume and capacity: powered by a 1.1 HP motor, this leaf blower produces an air volume of up to 426 CFM at a speed of 170 MPH.
Related Guide: Best Leaf Blowers for Hovercraft
2. Echo PB-9010T 79.9 cc Backpack Blower
Beating most if not all the leaf blowers I have known so far is the powerful Echo PB-9010T Backpack Blower. It can easily be awarded the post of the best leaf removing the monster. The manufacturers, Echo, themselves claim that this leaf blower is the best of their leaf blowers. Of course, I can say otherwise but there is no need because it is true.
Showcasing its might with a 79.9cc 2 stroke engine, this leaf blower produces 1110 Cfm of air all at a fast speed of 220 Miles per hour. That is quite a large amount of air if you ask me.
The engine is easy to start up but make sure to press the bulb a few times to ensure that fuel is flowing before you start it. With just two pulls, the leaf blower is ready to work.
It is also easy to carry but it is not lightweight. It comes in a form of a backpack and as such is easy to carry but on the hands? Not so much. The air channels and filters are placed in positions that prevent any form of blockage.
And the fan is strategically positioned so it cools the user’s back. Like most powerful leaf blowers, it produces a maximum of 103 dB of noise and a minimum of 83 dB. With the noise aside, the Echo PB-9010T is still a very strong leaf blower to have. You can also browse the best leaf blowers for artificial grass if you have something like this in your house.
- Weight and warranty: this backpack leaf blower weighs a heavy 31 pounds. It is also backed by a 2 years warranty if purchased for commercial use but extends to 5 years when purchased for private use.
- Air volume and capacity: it produces 1110 mph of air and 220 mph airspeed.
- Throttle and Automatic On Controls: once started, the throttle and automatic on buttons keep the leaf blower working without having to hold down the button or resetting it. But of course, you have to press the button first.
- Posi-loc and Patented Wear Rings: its posi-loc design ensures that the pipe connections of the leaf blower are tightly secured. The patented wear rings are designed to prevent any wear or tear on the nozzle. With bother of these features in the leaf blower, durability is quite guaranteed.
- Backpack Design: The Echo PB-9010T comes designed in a backpack form that allows for easy carriage with adjustable shoulder straps. The backpack is soft and comfortable enough to keep you working without feeling the heat. The air channels are put in positions high enough to keep them from getting blocked.
3. DIANAMIX Cordless Leaf Blower
Do you know the expression “small but mighty”? This right here is proof of that. The DIANAMIX Cordless Leaf Blower comes with an upgrade from most mini leaf blowers. Weighing a meagre 4.63 pounds, this leaf blower comes embodied in powerful features that deliver effective service.
Powered by a 4.0 lithium-ion battery, its all copper motor produces a strong torque of up to 24000 rounds per minute. This in turn produces 130 Cfm of airflow moving leaves at a good speed of 130 mph.
Its long-lasting battery comes with an indicator that shows the battery status, so there are no embarrassing stops when in use. Luckily, the battery can be replaced with any Makita battery in case of damage. Just as long as it fits the battery slot perfectly.
Did I mention that it also serves as a vacuum? Well, it does, hence the 2-in-one title. It might seem a bit awkward with the repositioning of some parts when it is to be used like that but at least it saves you the stress of packing the leaves.
Switching to the vacuum feature is very easy. Just install the nozzle at the air inlet and the garbage bag at the air outlet so the leaves are collected into it. Boom! Your vacuum is ready. You can also check the best cordless leaf blowers under $100 if you have a certain budget.
- Warranty and Weight: all the parts of the DIANAMIX Cordless Leaf Blower are backed by a 2 years warranty. As for its weight, it weighs just 4 pounds.
- Air volume and Airspeed: its copper-made motors produce up to 130 Cfm at 130 mph.
- 2 in 1 system: it serves as not only a leaf blower but also a vacuum. Its versatility allows for blowing snow, woodwork residues, dust, cleaning cars, and even furniture.
- Battery and battery life: although it is not stated how long it takes to fully charge the leaf blower or how long the battery lasts, it can stay for hours. When fully charged, the battery can last to clean the house, the garden, and a couple more cleaning. The battery indicator can be used to check the battery status and if it is fully charged.
- Comes with: with this leaf blower comes a 20V 4.0Ah Lithium Battery, a Charger, a reusable collection bag, an upgraded blow tube, and a Manual with detailed instructions.
4. MZK 1613 Cordless Brushless Leaf Blower
Not so popular but one of the best manufacturers of one of the best leaf blowers for 1 acre of the yard provides another small but effective leaf blower. It is a battery-powered leaf blower with durable features. With its 20v lithium-ion battery, this leaf blower produces a torque of 7000 Rpm up to 13000 rpm. It provides good hours of use with comfort. Its buttons are also easy to access and use.
Although this leaf blower provides two modes of speed, the low speed is not as powerful as it should be. It might be the lower of both speed modes but it should be able to blow leaves with enough air and in good time.
However, with whichever mode of speed you choose, the nozzle can be adjusted easily to fit into any space and blow leaves from any corner. The nozzle can also be detached for easy carriage and when being stored to save space.
To save you the stress of looking to get the right battery, the MZK Cordless Leaf Blower comes with a battery and a charger too. But should in case, the included battery gets damaged, you can always replace it with a 20 volts Zaker tool battery.
- Weight and warranty: the MZK Cordless Brushless Leaf Blower weighs 4.97 pounds. It is also backed with a 30 days guarantee. This guarantee allows you to change any part of the leaf blower that you do not find satisfying for free.
- Dual speed modes: it comes with 3-speed modes which allow you to blow leaves at a high or low level as the task demands.
- Airflow and capacity: with a torque of up to 13000 RPM, this leaf blower produces 130 mph of airspeed.
- Comes with: packaged with the MZK Cordless Brushless Leaf Blower are an amp blower, a battery, its charger, and a detachable blow tube and pipe.
5. Echo PB-580T Backpack Leaf blower
Products from Echo never disappoint and here’s another one from them, the Echo PB-580T Backpack Leaf blower. It is most likely the most popular so far and maybe the second-best of their leaf blowers. Made to come alive with a 58.2 cc 2 stroke engine, you already know that its blowing power will be powerful and effective.
Most backpack leaf blowers come with discomfort. They are heavyweight and their weights can be a little stressful on the shoulders. But in Echo, their leaf blowers are comfortable and the straps are made to rest comfortably on the shoulders.
The materials used in the creation of the backpack make this leaf blower a very good option for people with backaches and shoulder aches too. The comfort it provides can cause you to forget that you have it on your back.
According to Echo, it is recommended to use a 50 to 1 ratio of fuel to oil mixture in the engine. Any measurement other than this can cause damage or malfunction to the leaf blower. It can be quite annoying when an engine stops while in use.
This could happen due to a miscalculation in the amount of fuel needed to complete a task. But luckily with the Echo PB-580T, this can be controlled. It comes with a translucent tank that allows you to know the amount of fuel remaining when in use.
Although the cruise control button can be found in most leaf blowers, the fact that it keeps the unit running at a constant speed remains a very important feature and help when in use.
- Warranty and weight: like most Echo leaf blowers, the Echo PB-580T leaf blower is backed by a 5 years warranty for private users and 2 years warranty for commercial use. It weighs a total of 22.6 pounds.
- Fuel: It’s got a 62-ounce fuel tank that allows the user to see the inside. Unlike most leaf blowers, this one produces noise as less as 70dB. Most of all it is powered by a 2-stroke engine with a displacement of up to 58.2 ccs. It also comes with an instruction manual.
- Air volume and capacity: it delivers 510 Cfm with 215 mph blowing performance.
- Backpack design: made with high-quality materials, the straps holding this leaf blower to the shoulders provide comfort. It comes with back pads that provide a ventilation system for your back while in use. With the help of these pads, you feel cool even when you are working in hot weather.
- Air Volume:
Of all the specs in a leaf blower, this is one of the most important. A leaf blower that provides the right amount of air will help reduce the work time but it has to be in relation to the speed. When checking the specs, it is denoted in CFMs (Cubic Feet Per Minute)
- Air Speed:
A leaf blower with a high CFM can move leaves but without the right MPH, it won’t move fast. And there again, you have a longer work time. So check out for a leaf blower with a good CFM and MPH where the CFM is a little higher and the MPH is low but high enough to move leaves fast.
This feature is important especially when you are to work a big yard. Because you might have to work for a long time, you don’t want to have to request an arm or back massage after.
- Source of Power:
There are leaf blowers powered by electricity and gas. Each of these types varies in size but generally, some types of electric blowers weigh less than gas blowers and vice versa. Whichever one you decide to choose reduces the work compared to using a rake.
- Easy to Use:
Purchasing a leaf blower that takes a lot of manpower and strokes to start can be tiring. It even drains your energy before the main task starts. So when buying a leaf blower, look out for a leaf blower that fits the hand, adjusts properly, and is easy to turn on.
- Manual or Electric:
Choosing from these options is quite relative. While most electric leaf blowers are less expensive and lightweight, gas leaf blowers weigh more but are very powerful. For a small yard owner, an electric leaf blower, whether corded or cordless makes a better option but for commercial and large yard owners, a gas leaf blower is better. Check which category you fall in and make your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I choose a leaf blower?
When checking out leaf blowers for 1 acre or rocks, make research the most preferred brands of leaf blowers. After that, you can go ahead to check the specifications. Looking for the number of CFM and mph as well as the yard size the leaf blower can cover. It will also help to determine which type of leaf blower you can maintain. An electric leaf blower might be good and easy to maintain for user A but not for user B.
- How many MPH Should a leaf blower be?
MPH works hand in hand with the CFM. While the amount of air is good and high, the speed at which the air is produced should be a little lower. A leaf blower with 400 CFM and 120 MPH provides enough coverage for a regular-sized yard. Another with a range of 350 to 600 CFM with 190 MPH is also a good one.
- What Is More Important for A Leaf Blower CFM or MPH?
In a leaf blower, CFM is more important, but it won’t help you if the MPH isn’t high enough. You can cover larger areas and move more leaves at once with a higher CFM. You won’t be able to move the leaves very far if the MPH is too low.
- What is the most important spec for a leaf blower?
There are a lot of features to look out for when purchasing a leaf blower. But when it comes to performance analyses by number, the MPH and CFM are the most important to look out for.
Having seen, read, and tried out most leaf blowers, I would say most of them make a lot of noise. Hence the reason for ear blocks. These ear blocks will protect your ears from whatever amount of noise the leaf blowers provide.
Some I’m most cases can block it totally while others reduce it. Whichever leaf blower you chose to use do not allow the around to be your number one priority.
Whether durable or not, maintenance would go a long way in improving longevity. There are instructions as to how a leaf blower ahold be taken care of. To ensure you do not regret your purchase, take your time to maintain and care for your life blower.